Launch 2019 Script Call
Launch Script Call BEGINS Sept. 15th
We are seeking 10-minute play submissions for the January 2019 LAUNCH production. This script call is open to all playwrights and runs from Sept. 15th through Oct. 15th.
Below are the script call guidelines:
1. Please submit no more than 2 plays per writer. There is no charge to submit a play. Writers WILL receive video copies and photography of the event for their records.
2. Plays should be emailed to email@example.com. The deadline for consideration for the script call is 11:59PM on Oct. 15th. If you experience difficulty e-mailing scripts or attachments to this address, as a backup, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Plays should be 10 minutes long, or roughly 10 pages. We prefer plays to be original, previously unproduced works. Plays that have been previously workshopped, presented as a staged reading, or have not been locally (Orlando) produced are acceptable.
4. Please send TWO copies of your script - one with full authorship information, and one "blind" copy, which omits this (this is the copy our readers will see). Please include the following information on the title page of your main submission: name, mailing address for proof of residency, e-mail address, contact phone number, and a brief synopsis of the play. You may also include a resume or CV, in a separate attachment from the play submission.
5. Please keep your set and tech requirements incredibly simple, something that can be done with one or two location-defining set pieces and minimal lights and sound. If your play has excessive set or tech requirements, we cannot accept it.
6. Scripts should be properly formatted and submitted electronically in .DOC (MS Word 2003), DOCX (Word 2007 and later) or PDF format. Please number the pages. Other file types are acceptable, but we may ask you to convert them to a new file type if we can't open them.
7. If the playwright is not currently a PRT Member, they are required to join PRT prior to production for a minimum of one season. However, base membership is free. If the playwright does not join, the play will be replaced.
8. The chosen playwrights will be notified via e-mail. Please do not text or call.
We look forward to your submissions. Good luck, everyone!