LAUNCH 2018 SCRIPT CALLPlaywrights' Round Table is seeking ten-minute short plays for its annual Launch production, to be produced Jan. 19-28, 2018 in the Mandell Theater at the Lowndes Shakespeare Center in Orlando, Florida.
This script call is open to all, but we are especially interested in plays by women and people of color.
Please note the following guidelines - failure to follow them may result in your play not being considered for production:
- The script call begins Sept. 1st, 2017 and continues until 11:59 pm September 30th. PLEASE NOTE: There is a limit on this call. We will accept the first 300 submissions from any source; but once we hit that number, only PRT members and playwrights who have previously been produced by us are eligible.
- There is no submission fee required. However, as PRT can only produce plays by members, if your play is selected for production, you must join the group. Baseline membership is free.
- Scripts must be submitted in PDF or Microsoft Word format. Selection decisions by PRT are final. Plays should be submitted in proper play script format to submissions@ThePRT.com. Include your email and telephone number on the cover of the script. Comedies and dramas are equally welcome. Please no musicals or monologues.
- We prefer plays that have not yet received a full production. Plays that have received prior workshops and staged readings are welcome.
- There are no restrictions on content; however, to improve your play's chances of being selected, it must have limited set, prop, costuming and technical requirements due to our black box performance space. Cast sizes should be restricted to no more than 4 characters if possible (doubling is permissible).
- Playwrights who have their work selected will receive a small stipend.
- Playwrights will retain all rights to their work but grant PRT a one-time cost-free and non-exclusive license to read and produce plays until May 1, 2018. The Playwright also grants PRT the right to photograph and create archival recordings of any reading, production or rehearsal and use them for promotional purposes for this event and any other later events.