Playwrights' Round Table Newsletter
Annual Membership Meeting and 2nd Sundays Reading Workshop September 13thOur Annual Membership Meeting will occur this year at 2pm at Sleuth's on Sunday, September 13th. This meeting is only open to current members of Playwrights' Round Table. Re-election of current officers, as well as the election of any new officers chosen by the membership, will take place at this meeting. Also, if members wish to weigh in on topics important to the organization, or have any concerns they wish to bring up, this is the place to do it! We hope to see many of you there. This will follow our usual FREE TO THE PUBLIC play reading workshop, which will take place beginning at 1pm and last one hour. In addition to Al Pergande's ongoing "Elements of a Play" series, we will feature readings from new plays. Actors, please note: we could use some extra readers this month, so please stop on by! Got a play you'd like to have read? Contact us at email@example.com to schedule a slot for it to be read and discussed in a comfortable, cordial setting, and receive instant invaluable feedback. The 2nd Sundays workshop will be held from 1pm to 2pm at Sleuth's Mystery Dinner Shows, 8267 International Drive, Orlando, followed by the Annual Membership Meeting at 2pm. Please go to the Stage Door area (2 doors to the left of the main entrance) for the workshop. NOTE: Please arrive on time. Due to new security measures, the Stage Door must remain locked once the workshop starts. Text 407-761-2683 if you arrive past 1pm for the Workshop or 2pm for Members' meeting. Please join us!
LAUNCH 2016 Script Call Now in Full Effect!It's time for our annual LAUNCH call for scripts! We are seeking secen original ten-minute plays for our Launch production in January 2016, which will be presented at the Orlando Shakespeare Center's Santos Dantin Studio Theater.
Please check out the guidelines before submitting. We look forward to seeing your plays!
- Please submit no more than 2 plays per writer. There is no charge to submit a play; however, there is also no pay involved for the writer. Writers WILL receive video copies and photography of the event for their records.
- Plays should be 10 pages long, or approximately 10 minutes. Plays must be original works. Plays that have been previously workshopped, presented as a staged reading, or have not been locally (Orlando) produced are acceptable.
- Scripts should be properly formatted and submitted electronically in .DOC (MS Word 2003), DOCX (Word 2007 and later) or PDF format. Please number the pages. Other file types are acceptable, but we may ask you to convert them to a new file type if we can't open them.
- Please send TWO copies of your script - one with full authorship information, and one "blind" copy, which omits the name (this is the copy our readers will see). Please include the following information on the title page of your main submission: name, e-mail address, contact phone number, city/country of residence, and a brief synopsis of the play. You may also include a resume or CV, in a separate attachment from the play submission.
- The selected plays will be performed in a small 60-seat black box, so please keep your set requirements very simple. Remember that 7 plays will be presented in one evening, so plays that have minimal tech and set requirements are preferred.
- Plays should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for consideration for the script call is 11:59PM on September 30th. If you experience difficulty e-mailing scripts or attachments to this address, as a backup, please send them to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The writers of the selected plays will be notified via email, and granted the option of being produced. If the playwright is not currently a PRT Member, they are required to join PRT prior to production for a minimum of one season. However, for this current script call, dues are not required. If the playwright does not join, the play will be replaced in the lineup.
- PRT in conjunction with Orange Television (Orange County FL Public Access TV) MAY film the production of any and all plays selected for Launch 2016. In the event of this occurrence PRT reserves the right to modify any language in your submission to conform to a loosely defined "Community Standard. This generally involves removal of common profanity and demeaning sexual or racial terms. By submitting to Launch 2016 the Author explicitly agrees to this condition. The author further agrees that PRT and Orange TV and their sucessors and assignees may make any use of the film they desire with no remuneration to the author. If filming occurs, the author will be given a copy of the final edited film, and the author may make use of such film in any way they desire. No remuneration shall be provided to expected from any party involved in this filing, including but not limited to the Author, PRT, or Orange TV.
If you have further questions regarding this call, please contact us at email@example.com. We look forward to your submissions. Good luck, everyone!
Preeeeeesenting: The 1st Annual John Goring Memorial Gala!In honor of our former President and friend John Goring, PRT is pleased to announce that we will be holding a one-night only special gala.
The John Goring Memorial Gala will take place at The Venue, 511 Virginia Street, on Saturday, September 27th, at 8pm. The gala will include catered selections with the price of the ticket, an awards ceremony, a dance performance by Red Right Return Dance, and performances of past PRT favorites "Showing Your Hand," "Every Inch Counts," and "A Troubling Issue."
Tickets are $20 general admission, $15 for members, and will be available at the door cash/credit. You may also pre-order tickets online at www.orlandoatplay.com.
Food, fantastic theater, and fun times -- please join us Sept. 27th to help us remember John and celebrate our award winners!
2015-2016 Board BallotAs September rolls around, it's time for the membership of Playwrights' Round Table to make their voice heard and select the 2015-2016 Board of Directors.
The final voting will be revealed and the new Board announced at the Annual Membership Meeting on Sept. 13th, at 2pm at Sleuth's Mystery Dinner Shows (8267 International Drive, Orlando.)